Monday, November 23, 2015

 Ah, Monday sabbath time... another walk in the Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary in Marshfield. It's definitely become one of my happy places.


This red-tailed hawk was just hanging around on the birdhouse paying no attention to four of us who were acting like paparazzi much nearer to him than usual. Nearby, a flock of Canada geese grazed - or whatever it is that Canada geese are doing finding food in the grass - and paid no attention either to him or to us. 



I just don't tend to picture red-tailed hawks sitting in the grass unless they are dining. He wasn't.


He found another perch, also fairly nearby. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have to walk away from such an encounter, but he was quite comfortable, and I was getting chilly, so it was time to start walking again.



I love the red berries of various kinds all around the pond. I wonder if this is the same kind of "winter berry" that I was shown Saturday at the church fair where I was selling Haitian crafts. The parish was selling beautiful branches with which people could decorate their homes for the holidays. I gather waders are de rigueur in parish ministry these days. Wouldn't hurt in convent ministry either, now that I think of it. Hmmm...



Why do I find bridges so beautiful? I'm sure there is a meditation in here somewhere.





Yours is the day, yours also the night;
you established the moon and the sun.
Psalm 74:15 
(or 74:16, depending on the translation)


Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment