Sunday, June 28, 2009

useful vocabulary for evening encounters


Une crabe araignee (French) = a tarantula (creature preferring to come out at night and hang out on the lawn right by the house, preventing Sisters trying to mind their own business from taking carefree evening strolls. See photo - a poor one, but I was uninclined to return for another try.)


mechant(e) (French) = mean, nasty, disagreeable, dangerous (useful for describing the above)


une petite bete douce (French)= what Willy called that big nasty spider that wasn't quite the size of the palm of my hand and that was hanging out in my room - because, after all, it wasn't a tarantula


kapon (Haitian Creole) = scaredy-cat


1 comment:

  1. I've been so busy I haven't been keeping up with your adventures.

    I hope you remain a scardy cat till you are postive POSITIVE you can tell the difference between the little beasties.

    ReplyDelete