Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Darbonne photos, part 2 - before the earthquake

In my blog entry of a few days ago, I posted photos of the school and church following the earthquake, but for the life of me, I couldn't get these two "before" photos to load.  Today, no problem. Go figure. 

I really do want you all to see what it looked like before the earthquake.  Haiti is so much more than a pile of rubble.  With all the negative commentary out there about Haiti, it seems to me that people need to know that Haiti is a beautiful country, worth caring for and rebuilding. 

I am happy to report that Willy, who is in the picture of the primary school here, and Alissa, who is in the church photo below, the little girl in blue, are both alive and well, though the buildings are not.  If you haven't seen the "after" photos, scroll down two entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment