Sunday, August 8, 2010

President’s Blog » Blog Archive » Five Families Receive Housekeys in St. Mathieu Parish

Episcopal Relief and Development's blog from Haiti has a story about the parish in Mathieu, just around the corner from Darbonne.

President’s Blog » Blog Archive » Five Families Receive Housekeys in St. Mathieu Parish


 I remember that church, new and lovely, which I visited on my way to Darbonne with the Sisters when they went to drop me off. In the photo here, you see the students from the school sitting inside the church taking their exams.


Of course, as in most every Episcopal parish there, there is a school, too.




I remember, too, being so astonished to see an Obama sticker in the school office, so far away. There was quite some excitement about that, they explained.








I'm glad to know some of it is still standing. I met the architect, and I'm sure he was proud of his work - good to know some of it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment