Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the wonder of eight years

Blessed Feast of the Visitation!

Visitation BVM - icon by Rebecca Taylor

So many wonderful texts, so many wonderful possibilities.  I had the joy of preaching and presiding this morning.  We sang the Magnificat, of course, and we really were rejoicing with Mary and Elizabeth.  What an amazing pair of women they were.  And Mary's song... Well, that will have to wait for another time. There is too much there to write now.

It's been an especially meaningful day for me because it is my eighth anniversary of profession.  So hard to believe! Didn't I just get here?  And wait, wasn't I supposed to be incredibly holy by now?!  Well, it is a good thing God is gracious and patient. And I'd say God has a wonderful sense of humor, too. 

Six years ago today, I made my final vows - my life vows.  It was the best day of my life, though ordination to the priesthood was only a hair shy of catching up to it.   In gratitude and wonder and praise, I am posting this photo to remind myself as well as to share the joy of that day with you. 


taking life vows as a Sister of St. Margaret
May 31, 2005

Magnify, my soul, God's greatness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment