Sunday, July 8, 2012

General Convention Day #3 - Saturday - part 2

After the Eucharist (see previous entry) I went with one of our Associates, the President of the Episcopal Church Women (les Dames) in the Diocese of Haiti, to the gathering at which she and others were being honored for their work and named Distinguished Women of 2012. 

The president of the Diocese of Haiti ECW, presented by Bishop Duracin, is honored as a distinguished woman.

SSM Associates' cross and ECW Distinguished Woman pin

I stopped by the monitors to see what was going on afterwards.  This year they have the resolutions being debated listed on a monitor with pertinent information and eventually how the vote went.

tracking each resolution - live status updates

Next up, back to my room, smoothie for lunch in hand, for some meditation time before heading back to the Ecclesiastical Art Exhibition.  Beautiful things.  I mentioned that I love beautiful textiles, I believe; I'm hoping to do a whole post on them sometime soon.

Great O Antiphons, 2010
Linda Witte Henke, Indianapolis

Day #3, part 3, yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment