Wednesday, August 8, 2012

wow, Epke!

Oh.  My.  Goodness.

I have just seen the most amazing men's high bar routine.  There was no doubt that he would win the gold.  

My sisters and I were gymnasts in high school, so as the three of us sat here watching and commenting, we really reacted to this one, shouting and, according to my amused and rather more blase nephew, "gaping in amazement."    My youngest sister was a serious competitor, working out 32 hours per week junior year of high school, so the rest of us benefit from her more educated commentary.

I can't offer you her commentary, but I did find a video to share.  Watch and wonder. 



* * *

My sister just informed me that this is the Netherlands' first gold in 84 years in gymnastics.  She also found another video from a different angle.  Enjoy this one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment