Monday, February 25, 2013

Did you feel that?

Well, the texts and phone calls were flying in Port-au-Prince tonight.  However, I missed all the excitement, I guess.  Did I feel that shake?  No, I didn't.  Not at all. No running to the streets that I could hear in my neighborhood, either.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc000fdfb#summary

I can't imagine it will make the news any more than the little blurb here:
I checked a local tv/radio station website as well and found a brief article entitled "Faible séisme de 3.5, panique à Port-au-Prince" http://www.radiotelevisioncaraibes.com/nouvelles/haiti/faible_s_isme_de_3_5_panique_port-au-prince.html

I have no doubt, however, that it will be a common topic of conversation tomorrow. There are still many here for whom this is all too live an issue. Perhaps for most here, even.  I'd be willing to bet there are still quite a number of people with significant PTSD. 

My only excitement for the evening follows my THANKS BE TO GOD!!! happy dance over the weekend when the power was finally (if tenuously) fixed after over a month without it.  It seemed like a miracle that I could actually turn on the lights and the refrigerator.  So when the power came on tonight just as I was falling asleep, I cut off my "why does it have to wait till now?" grumble with a prayer of gratitude.  Checking my email and the news is all the activity I need tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment