Monday, November 25, 2013

so excited!

Mom is moving home tomorrow!!!  It's been a little over 5 months since her encounter with the semi on I-69.  That's a long time.  Hard to believe it's really been that long, actually. I recounted on my fingers to make sure my head wasn't playing tricks on me.  Twice.



This long-awaited move is going to be a major change for everyone in so many ways. They were in the process of moving when this happened. A couple of weeks ago, Mom finally saw the place Dad chose.  She says she likes it.  Hard to tell; she has a brain injury from which she is inching back, so her reactions aren't quite the same as they were.  But I do know everyone is happy. I think my father is counting the minutes.  She is, too, I think, though there's also the sense that she'll believe it when she sees it, so to speak.  

She'll still require 24/7 care, at least for now.  Another change for the family.  No idea what's down the road.  But the wheelchair lift is going in, the bathroom door frame is being widened, and the stairway has a new railing with a gate so no one goes tumbling down it.  I haven't seen any photos yet (ahem, siblings mine...), but the almost-completed work is adding to the sense of anticipation, at least for me as I imagine the scene via conversations.  Thank God for telephone and internet.

This is one Thanksgiving on which everyone will truly be thankful.  And then some.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment