Sunday, May 11, 2014

grateful for Mom



It's Mothers Day. I've been remembering over and over this weekend just how amazing it is that I have a mother to call this year. After her car accident last June, in which we nearly lost her (http://srsarah.blogspot.com/2013/06/need-your-prayers-urgently.html), I have counted every minute with gratitude.

I was already thankful for her.  I don't think I appreciated her properly until I was in college, but the older I get, the more I have wondered how I could have gotten so lucky. This year, how much more so!

When I last saw her at the end of August, it was still taking two people to get her out of bed into a wheelchair, and she couldn't really carry on a conversation.  Now she walks short distances without a walker, and I talk with her regularly on the phone.

So I am giving thanks.  Sending up prayers for her and in gratitude for her.  She's worth celebrating, not just on Mother's Day, but always.

No comments:

Post a Comment