Saturday, April 15, 2017

Holy Saturday




But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
   
 -  Lamentations 3:21-24


Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea took the body of Jesus and wrapped it with the spices in linen cloths, according to the burial custom of the Jews. Now there was a garden in the place where he was crucified, and in the garden there was a new tomb in which no one had ever been laid. And so, because it was the Jewish day of Preparation, and the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.
    
 - John 19:40-42




http://www.lectionarypage.net/YearABC_RCL/HolyWk/HolySat_RCL.html

No comments:

Post a Comment